Welcome back to Bake It With Jax, for my second blog. Remember to hit subscribe if you want to be the first to see the new recipes. Next month is my grannies rock cakes! If you have got sick of the Banana bread lock down craze, but still have some bananas going ripe in the back of your fruit bowl why not try these delicious double chocolate banana muffins!
This recipe is yummy on its’s own but here are a couple of twists to make it extra yummy! You can change it for white chocolate chips, or add in 25g of walnuts, or a touch of cinnamon if you want some spice. I used Gluten Free Self Raising Flour, still just as tasty! Super quick and easy to make. Check out the video below to bake it alongside me, or just use the recipe below. Let me know in the comments if you make them!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 Large Banana
- 50g Margarine or Soften Butter
- 100g Soft Brown Sugar
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 100g Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Place 10 paper cases in a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Peel the banana and mash with a fork in a bowl.
- Beat the butter & sugar together until creamy. Add in the cocoa and the eggs, then combine. Stir in the mashed banana. Then add the flour and a pinch of salt. Make sure all combined then add the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between the cases evenly filling about 3/4 full, or use an ice cream scoop like me, for a equal scoop.
- Bake for 25 mins or until springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Once cool, you can enjoy!